Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Abstracts in Nature

This recent shot was taken at Brazos Bend State Park one cold morning before sunrise over 40 Acre Lake.  I wanted to create an abstract by using the reflection of the trees in the lake.  I found during processing that I liked the shot more after inverting the original orientation 180 degrees.

Inverted 180 deg

1/200 @ F6.3, 700mm, +2/3 EV, ISO 2500, no flash, AV priority and partial metering mode.

Canon 1DX + Canon 500mm F4L IS + Canon 1.4x extender III

Processed in Lightroom 5.3 + Nik Color Efex Pro 4.0





Original

2 comments:

  1. That might make an interesting body of work -- reflection images shot upside down turned up right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for commenting. You might be on to something Steve. I've shot numerous reflection shots like this one, but most have been lacking the impact I was looking for. The idea to flip it just recently came to me, and I liked the final result. I might go back to my archives and see what some of my other "busts" look like with the flip.

    ReplyDelete